Transfer from El Chaltén to Eléctrico River (15 km), where we will start the approach along the Eléctrico valley. After we get to “Piedra del Fraile”, we will head up on a steep scree terrain to the base of a small glacier.
We´ll continue with crampons and rope to the top of the pass. The views worth the effort on a clear day! The north face of Fitz Roy, the Cerro Torre and Pollone mountain, among others.
After a good break, we´ll descent back same way to Electrico river and transfer back to El Chaltén. The hiking time is around 12hs.
• Waterproof trekking boots (*)
• 30L dayack
• Walking poles
• sun-block and lip balm
• pocket knife
• water bottle (1l)
• trekking pants
• Sweater (medium weight)
• Insulated hooded jacket(down or or synthetic)
• Waterproof pants & parka (gore-tex)
• Fleece jacket or wind stopper
• Windstopper and waterproof gloves (plus spares)
• Sun cap & wool or fleece hat
• Buff, or balaclava