Very difficult, training required
Ski touring experience required
4 nights lodging , based on double ocupancy
2 nights camping ( o double room + camping )
August - September
Reception at El Calafate Airport and transfer to El Chaltén. Meet your guide; check your equipment and the program n detail. Lodging at El Chaltén.
Transfer to Mosquito River; Ski Loma del Diablo (1800m). Vertical drop: 1200m. Lodging at El Chaltén.
Transfer to Lago del Desierto. Ski Cerro Vespignani ( 2146m). Vertical drop:1500m.
Lodging at El Chaltén. Hotel en Chaltén.
Approach to Fitz Roy Basecamp. Optional ski in the afternoon at Glacier de los Tres. Camp. Poincenot.
Ski Cerro Madsen (1806m). Vertical Gain1000m. Camp. Poincenot.
Back to El Chaltén. Lodging at El Chaltén.
Transfer to El Calafate Airport. End of the services.
Note: The Itinerary can be modified and should be considered only as a guide. External factors such us the conditions of the snow or weather conditions could change the original plan, and your Guides will have the criteria to change the program if they consider is necessary.
• Transportation Calafate-Chalten-Calafate
• Local Transfers from El Chaltén
• 4 nights lodging in Hostel, based on private double rooms.
• Mountain Guide UIAGM - IFMGA ( 5 days)
• Camping Assistant
• Double tents an kitchen set
• Camping meals: 3 lunches , 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts.
• Technical equipment for Glaciers: Crampons, harnesses, ropes, etc.
• First Aid Kit
• Radio or Satellite communication
• Personal Equipment (Please see detailed list below)
• Personal insurance (It´s mandatory to hired your own accidents and rescue insurance)
• Restaurant Meals
• Lift Tickets
• Alcoholic drinks
• Services not specified
• Backpacks 40 and 60 liters
• Sleeping Bag
• Head lump
• Water bottle and small thermo flask
• Merino or synthetic base layers
• Polar 100 and wind stopper
• Down or synthetic hooded jacket
• 2 pairs of gloves
• Warm hut and buff
• Extra socks
• Waterproof pants and Jacket ( Gore-Tex)
• Lens and goggles • Sun bloc & lip protection
• Ski touring set: Skis, skins, boots, ski crampons, ski poles (compressible ideal).
• Crampons & Ice Axe*
• Safety avalanche set: Shovel, beacon, probe*
• Helmet (optional)
If you need to rent some of these items, please let us know in advance
Please make sure you have all requested equipment, let us konw if you need advice for buying or renting